The Supervisor Training Curriculum instructs supervisors on ways in which they can direct and motivate staff working with people with intellectual disabilities. Based on three decades of applied research, each management strategy presented has been tested and proven to work in human services. This Curriculum organizes the role of supervision in human service settings into clear and convenient objectives and responsibilities for new managers.
The Supervisor Training Curriculum is meant for staff training personnel and upper-level managers in agencies providing supports and services to people with intellectual disabilities. The Supervisor Training Curriculum consists of PowerPoint® Trainer’s Slides; a perfect-bound training Curriculum that includes an introduction sheet, visual aides, and activity sheets and competency checks for each training module; and one perfect-bound Trainee Guide for reference and note taking.
Accompanying PowerPoint slides available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
The Supervisor Training Curriculm Trainee Guide
The Trainee Guide for the Supervisor Training Curriculum summarizes key points in the Curriculum and is meant as a note taking and reference tool.
Benefits of The Supervisor Training Curriculum
- Presents a ready-to-use training curriculum with PowerPoint® slides, trainer’s instructions, and activities and quizzes that train managers in vital supervisory expertise
- Presents supervision strategies that have a research base and are known to improve work quality, stimulate staff performance, and make work more enjoyable
- Training material and visual aides expand discussion of essential supervisory strategies and allow for demonstrating acquired knowledge by means of role plays and on-the-job shadows
- Encompasses 11 training modules in total on how to be a successful supervisor
- Complementary Trainee Resource Guide presents lessons learned in each module and emphasizes the information and skills obtained during training
- Encourages interaction and communication through team activities
- Systematic method of training and user-friendly presentation of material makes information more understandable
Praise for The Supervisor Training Curriculum
“What separates the Reid, Parsons, and Greene Supervisor Training Curriculum from others is its emphasis on competency-based outcomes. Upon completion, management staff can demonstrate the skills necessary to improve and maintain exemplary staff performance and can do it with the same positive support values that are emphasized throughout in their earlier Positive Behavior Support Training Curriculum.”
R.M. “Duke” Schell, PhD, BCBA-D, Director of Psychology, J. Iverson Riddle Developmental Center, Morganton, North Carolina
“The clarity with which the Curriculum and the Trainee Guide is written will invite users to access the material repeatedly and provide trainees with valuable information regarding how to motivate staff and improve staff performance. The Curriculum requires participants to actively practice and perform skills to complete the training, thereby emphasizing both performance and competency-based training methodology. This curriculum should be the cornerstone of supervision training for all human service providers.”
Frank L. Bird, MEd, BCBA, Vice President & Chief Clinical Officer, Melmark Inc., Melmark New England