Community Connections Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Community Connections Inc. (CCI), an innovative nonprofit organization that provides life-enriching services that promote optimal independence for adults with disabilities, is seeking an experienced executive leader to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Based in South Yarmouth, CCI provides a wide range of tailored, individualized programs in eight locations along Massachusetts’ South Coast, South Shore and Cape Cod. The President and CEO will guide CCI through its next exciting stage of growth and leadership in human service delivery.
CCI began when the current President and CEO was confined to a wheelchair following an accident in 1985. She became aware of the unique needs encountered by many people and opened CCI. CCI has grown to serve over 700 clients and has an annual budget of $15 million and more than 325 employees. It is accredited/licensed by The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), Mass. Dept. of Developmental Services, Mass. Rehabilitation Commission, Mass. Commission for the Blind, and many respected associations and networks. CCI provides services and programs including:
- Day habilitation – a broad range of services from intensive therapies to participating in community activities. A comprehensive assessment of developmental skills leads to individualized goals.
- Life skills – independent living skills training allows participants to reach their goal of a healthy, productive lifestyle.
- Employment services – a cornerstone of CCI, opportunities are provided to help individuals develop skills in a professional setting that matches their interests and abilities with specific job requirements.
- Elder services – caters to seniors with Dementia and Alzheimer with social activities and transportation to medical appointments and therapies so seniors can remain active and age with dignity.
- Nursing home supports – specialized services and activities for residents of long term care facilities
- Transportation services – wheelchair accessible vans provide safe, reliable transportation to and from CCI programs, appointments and activities.
CCI also advocates for state and federal policies that support a meaningful life for adults who experience disabilities. With Totally Integrated Electronic Records and dedicated long-term staff, CCI offers the highest quality services and opportunities. For a full description of programs and services, please see www.communityconnectionsinc.org.
The President and CEO leads CCI to meet the mission and vision under the governance of the Board of Directors. S/he ensures that the agency meets community needs through innovative high-quality programming, professional staffing, financial sustainability and community leadership.
The President and CEO is a thought leader with experience in service delivery systems for people experiencing disabilities. S/he anticipates changes in the needs for services such as Accountable Care Organizations and in funding environments. S/he advocates with legislators, regulatory and funding agencies, community leaders and donors to effectively prioritize and fund these needs. The President and CEO promotes CCI and its programming to ensure that it is at the forefront of service development and delivery.
The President and CEO works with the Board to develop and implement strategic plans that fill gaps in services, stay true to the mission, and enhance the sustainability of the agency’s services. S/he creates an environment that promotes growth and incubation of innovative ideas and solutions and ensures an infrastructure that will move the agency forward toward its mission and vision while increasing service impact. The President and CEO provides support for a highly competent and skilled senior management team in order to recruit, retain and develop staff, comply with the highest standards of evidence-based clinical practice, and continue a supportive fundraising program. S/he provides guidance and support to the Board and its committees.
The President and CEO is actively engaged in CCI’s fundraising activities, working with the development staff and the Board of Directors to grow CCI’s philanthropic support. Responsibilities include major donor prospecting, cultivation and solicitation, relationship building with foundation and corporate grant officers, reviewing grant proposals, and representing the organization at CCI fundraising and friend raising events.
- Record of leadership and ability to influence a broad network including policy makers and supporters;
- Commitment to effective and compassionate human services and warmth in relating to individuals served, families, staff and community members;
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit with a drive to succeed;
- Ability to think strategically and make decisions based on effective risk assessment and analysis of return on investment;
- Ability to receive and deliver concrete feedback;
- Ability to influence and inspire others to be their best;
- High engagement, visibility and accessibility to all stakeholders;
- Ability to personally solicit grants and individual donations;
- Integrity and humility that values diverse input and contributions to the decision making process.
- Experience in management that has prepared the candidate to lead a $15 million plus organization; health care management or disability services experience a plus.
- Advocacy experience on a local, state, and/or federal level;
- Successful strategic planning development and implementation experience;
- Experience with growth and expansion of services in a multifaceted organization;
- Staff management and leadership development experience;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and experience as a spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser;
- Successful track record in fundraising from foundations, corporations, and major donors.
- Comfort with fiscal analysis and management;
- Experience in board development and working with an engaged Board of Directors;
- Advanced degree in human services, health care, management or related experience.
Please send resume, cover letter and recent salary history to Susan Egmont, Egmont Associates, at firstname.lastname@example.org.