AAIDD Shares Information Important to Disability Professionals
AAIDD routinely shares important news through its website, members-only email newsletters, press releases, and social media outlets.
Become involved with AAIDD and get timely access to important news in the field.
AAIDD Promotes Progressive Public Policies
AAIDD advances its agenda for universal human rights for people with intellectual and developmental disabilties by
- Communicating positions on important issues through position statements and endorsing the work of others
- Submitting Amicus Curie briefs to the US Supreme Court and others
- Commenting on draft legislation, proposed rule making, and other federal activities
- Participating in the work of the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilties (CCD)
- Contributing to the popular press & social media on disability issues
- Sponsoring educational activities, such as the annual Disability Policy Seminar