Call for Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the AAIDD Awards.
The purpose of AAIDD's annual awards is to recognize those who have made significant contributions that have influenced positive change in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities over an extended period of time. The following general guidelines apply to all AAIDD awards:
1. Membership in AAIDD is not a prerequisite for an award.
2. A candidate may not nominate himself or herself.
3. Recipients may receive an award in only one category in any given year.
4. Decisions of the Awards and Fellowship Committee will prevail.
5. Activities of recipients must have a national or international impact.
6. No posthumous awards will be given except for a person who died within the current year.
7. No national AAIDD board member is eligible for an award during his or her term of office.
8. Individuals may not be considered if they have received an award within the last five (5) years.
(Download a list of Past Awardees)
The following nomination guidelines apply to all AAIDD awards, refer to the document below to for a complete list of award types with additional requirements. Incomplete nominations will not considered by the Awards and Fellowship Committee.
All nominations must include the following documentation, in English:
1. Nominator’s name, affiliation, title, address, phone number, and email. (this information should be entered into the nominations form)
2. Nominee’s name (or contact person for a nominated organization or program), affiliation, title, address, phone number, and email.
3. A narrative, not to exceed 500 words, in support of the nomination, addressing the following areas:
a. Significance of contributions.
b. Quality and impact of contributions.
c. Years (duration) of significant effort.
d. Geographic range of contributions (must be national or international)
4. Resume or vita of nominee.
5. One (1) letter of support* from a person familiar with the nominee's achievements.
*Please note the letter of support cannot be written by the same person writing the narrative. The narrative is written by the nominator.
Please make sure to read the Awards Guidelines and Requirements before submitting a nomination. All AAIDD awards will be conferred at the Awards Breakfast during the 2019 Annual Meeting in St. Paul, MN.
Award Nomination Information and Nomination Form
deadline for submitting nominations: October 31, 2018
Please direct your inquiries about awards to firstname.lastname@example.org