Call for Awards
Deadline: October 31, 2016
The purpose of AAIDD's annual awards is to recognize those who have made significant contributions that have influenced positive change in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities over an extended period of time. The following general guidelines apply to ALL AAIDD awards:
- Membership in AAIDD is not a prerequisite for an award.
- A candidate may not nominate himself or herself.
- Recipients can receive an award in only one category.
- Decision of the Awards and Fellowship Committee will prevail.
- Activities of recipients must have a national or international impact.
- No posthumous awards will be given except for a person who died within the current year.
- No elected AAIDD member or staff at the state/provincial, regional or national level is eligible for an award during his or her term of office.
- Individuals may not be considered if they have received an award within the last 10 years.
(Download a list of Past Awardees)
We are now accepting nominations for the following award categories:
Please make sure to read the Awards Guidelines and Requirements before submitting a nomination. All AAIDD awards will be conferred at the Awards Breakfast during the 2017 Annual Meeting in Hartford, CT.
Send complete nomination package to email@example.com by October 31, 2016