Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 1993, ETTA is one of the premier organizations in Los Angeles serving the needs of adults with developmental disabilities. Currently, ETTA has 125 full-time adult clients who receive support through Regional Center vendored programs in the areas of housing, supported living and employment services.
ETTA has a primary service niche within the Jewish community of Los Angeles but its services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis to all who are eligible. Main headquarters are located in North Hollywood but services are provided throughout the greater LA area.
ETTA’s mission statement:
ETTA’s mission is to provide programs and services that enable people with disabilities, and the families who love them, to live fully enriched, independent, included and active lives as members of the Los Angeles community. ETTA's vision is an inclusive, participatory community of people, with and without disabilities, succeeding and growing together. We enable people with disabilities to achieve greater independence, autonomy and inclusion. We change mindsets, raise awareness, increase sensitivity and provide inspiration. We elevate lives and train leaders. We are a community of hope, warmth, support and expertise.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for all programs. In addition, individual will supervise and manage a group of program directors and work with the nonprofit's board of directors to keep them abreast of programmatic changes.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all of ETTA’s programs and will manage a group of program directors. As the COO of ETTA, he/she will provide leadership to ETTA’s strategic planning process. In addition, the COO will provide coordination for ETTA’s senior management team; serve as liaison to ETTA’s nonprofit’s partners and work with ETTA’s Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The COO will work with the senior fiscal and operations team to develop, implement, and manage the operational aspects of the annual budget. Finally, the COO will cultivate existing relationships with public and private partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities for ETTA to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Supervise, lead, coach, develop, and retain ETTA’s high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, quality control, planning and program budgeting.
- Develop and implement training programs to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of ETTA’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Comfort in publicly represent ETTA with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for ETTA’s mission.
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with client families.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the ED and staff. Supervise program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
Specific requirements include:
- Master’s degree preferred, with at least 10 years of experience and a track record in senior program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organize with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Communication – Effectively and consistently communicates contract and compliance directives to staff. Encourages interactive discussions and maintains an open-door policy. Ensures that all staff within the program are properly educated and informed about matters relating to all programs and ETTA.
- Relationships and Attitude – Models professionalism by maintaining effective working relationships, following all policies and procedures and approaching challenges with a proactive and positive attitude. Also develops strong, trusted relationships with colleagues and customers. Receives constructive feedback in a gracious manner.
- Problem Solving – Ability to analyze problems and implement acceptable solutions.
- Confidentiality - Maintains the confidentiality of all business documents and correspondence.
Salary & Benefits are commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
ETTA’s Director of Administration, Allen Remer by email at email@example.com