Continuing Professional Education
AAIDD is pleased to be providing continuing professional education in psychology and social work to interested participants during many of the pre conference sessions at this year’s Annual Meeting. To locate sessions approved for psychology and social work continuing professional education please visit the pre-conference sessions and post-conference sessions pages.
All attendees who pre-register for continuing professional education will receive an attendance card upon check-in along with the regular registration materials.
To receive credit you must have a room monitor sign off on your attendance card at the end of each pre- conference session you attend. You must also complete an evaluation which is to be handed in at registration. Failure to complete both of these requirements will result in no continuing education award for that session. To receive credit for any session you must participate in the session in its entirety. Partial credit will not be awarded to participants who choose to float between sessions.
Certificates will be mailed to participants who fulfill all necessary requirements for credit following the conference.
CEU Fee $30
This program's pre conference offerings are approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886593756-9573) for up to 5 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
The University of Tennessee Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities (BCDD) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The University of Tennessee Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities is a co-sponsor of continuing education and has certified the pre conference offerings for up to five (5) hours of continuing professional education for psychologists.
AAIDD adheres to the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists.
For questions regarding continuing education please contact Lindsey Polansky.
Psychology Continuing Education Grievance Procedures
In the event that a participant has a complaint about continuing education sponsored or co-sponsored by the Boling Center, the following steps should be followed:
1. The complaint should be made in writing to the training office:
Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities
Memphis, TN 38105
2. The person receiving the complaint will submit to the Training Coordinator within seven working days from the time of receiving the complaint.
3. A written response will be made within fourteen working days from the time the complaint is received.
4. If the response is not acceptable, the participant should respond in writing and the complaint will be forwarded to the Boling Center Training Committee to be considered. A written response will be sent to the participant within fourteen working days from the time of receiving the complaint.
5. If the response is not acceptable to the participant, the participant should respond in writing and the complaint will be taken to the Director of the Boling Center for further action.
For all other complaints or concerns about continuing education credits, please contact Lindsey Polansky via email at email@example.com or via phone at (202) 387-1968 ext. 203.