Title: Senior Director, Residential Services
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Competitive PTO program, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long and Short Term Disability, and 401K match.
Application Steps: Please complete our online application and include a resume, cover letter, and two letters of professional reference.
Organization Information: Babcock Center is a $43M private, non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and in- home supports to over 1400 people with lifelong disabilities and their families living in the Columbia, SC and surrounding areas. The mission of the Babcock Center is to empower people with lifelong disabilities to enjoy life by promoting abilities and respecting choice. We strive for an inclusive community free of barriers for people with lifelong disabilities.
Under the supervision of the President/CEO the Sr. Director, Residential Services directs, coordinates, and supervises all activities of the residential facilities. This role complies with federal, state, and local standards for residential facilities and appropriately supports the company vision, mission, and values as well as policies and procedures. Ensures resident care interventions meet the personal, physical, and cognitive needs of each residents as well as maximizing his/herself care capacities, identity, independence, choice and opportunity for social interaction. Monitors the outcomes of Resident Services activities by evaluating staff performance, ensuring compliance with community and State Regulations, and monitoring the effective and efficient use of budgeted resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and/or facility regulations pertaining to residential care for adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Adhere to and implement Federal, State, and/or facility regulations.
- Promote and evaluate the quality of care provided to all supported persons.
- Assure that licensed and non-licensed personnel possess the knowledge to perform their duties.
- Ascertain and ensure suitability of new admission candidates for residential facilities.
- Provides leadership, management, and training to supervisory personnel.
- Regulatory and compliance management.
- Represents the agency in a professional manner when interacting with internal and external customers,
- Supervises and participates in business development initiatives.
- Assists in coordination and implementation of agency planning.
- Provide for in-service training, new employee orientation, and general education for professional and non-professional staff in the operational areas.
- Participate in pre-admission evaluation of supported persons regarding the services needed and the capability of the facility to supply the needed services.
- Participate in the development of programs for new admissions.
- Facilitate and implement referrals to appropriate community resources when needed.
- Supervise the recruitment and hiring of residential staff.
- Ensure staff participation in program formulation for supported persons in the areas of hygiene, sex education, family living and health related items as needed.
- Provide for supervision and involvement in the modification in the individual support plans. Ensure that plans are reviewed and revised as necessary.
- Provide oversight of medical aspects of care in community training homes and day programs.
- Participate in Psychotropic Drug Review, and the Human Rights Committee.
- Respond to emergency calls on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Coordinate ordering and procurement of residential supplies.
- Ensure that admissions, transfers and discharges of residents are done in such a manner as to provide for continuity of care and adherence to all State and Federal regulations.
- Evaluate performance of personnel directly supervised.
- Review and revise job descriptions periodically.
- Review and/or revise Residential Procedure Manuals at least annually.
- Represent the residential services in professional and community activities, i.e. coordination of services with outside agencies.
- Review complaints and grievances within residential departments and in consultation with the Human Resources Director, report to the President/CEO as appropriate.
- Promote effective working conditions and relationships with company directors, other disciplines, volunteers, and agencies affiliated with the residential divisions of Babcock Center.
- Facilitate committee meetings related to individuals supported, (i.e. clinical services, accident & injury, etc.).
- Abide by company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the President/CEO.
- Completion of a four (4) year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university Business, Health Administration, Social Work, or other related Human Services field. Master’s Degree preferred. .
- Five (5) year progressive management experience.
- Five (5) years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and special needs.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing licensing and operations of agency facilities preferred.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and approved driving privileges within the agency.
The Senior Director of Residential Services is an exempt position and will typically work at least 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm but must be available and for on-call hours including 24 hour emergency call and as-needed weekends and evenings.
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, pulling, pushing, and reaching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands:
Must be able to multi-task and deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Formulate decisions and act upon them. Adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels. Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information.
Works in a typical office setting as well as residential homes, activity centers, company facilities, and medical facilities. Often called upon to work hours in excess of 40 hours in a given work week in order to meet deadlines. Travel to other Babcock Center facilities will be required. This position requires a high level of responsibility and accountability.
The direct supervisor for the Senior Director of Residential Services is the President/CEO.
Cleaning chemicals, ergonomic hazards: (i.e. static posture, repetitive motions), trip hazards such as file drawers, electrical wires, and video display terminals.
Please apply online through our job postings website at:
Please contact Audrey Coogler, Director of Human Resources, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (803)-799-1970 x 150