Keshet seeks an experienced Director of Residential Services to manage its supported living program. This new position requires exceptional leadership skills, a collaborative work style, and a proven track record of managing and motivating staff. This key member of the management team must a be passionate advocate for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities and hold values fully aligned with Keshet's core mission.
Keshet currently operates two residences for young adults, with plans to open a third for those with severe physical needs this fall. Opportunities to develop programming, engage and train staff, and build processes to ensure consistent high-quality care exist across all residences. In partnership with Keshet’s staff, Board, volunteers, and parents, the Director will build and operate a best-in-class residential program for all Keshet residents.
This full-time position requires some evening and weekend hours and reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Keshet- Who We Are:
Keshet was founded in 1982 to serve individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Keshet has grown dramatically over the past 36 years and currently serves more than 600 children and adults in the greater Chicagoland area. Driven by a passion to meet the needs of an expanding group of families, Keshet provides educational, recreational, vocational, and most recently residential, services for people with special needs.
- Manage all aspects of Keshet’s residential program, including planning for future growth.
- Serve as a member of Keshet's leadership team; representing the needs of the residential system internally and externally via committee work and partnerships
with local organizations and communities; supporting Keshet's fundraising efforts to help build sustainability for all residential programs.
- Work with Keshet’s leadership team to build a 3-5 year strategic plan for
- Hire, train and supervise managers responsible for each home; oversee the hiring, training, development and evaluation of all residence staff and create cost efficient staffing practices/plans.
- Establish program and performance standards across all homes to ensure consistent quality service delivery.
- Build and cultivate relationships with residents, staff and families.
Grow relationships with partner organizations to encourage inclusion
- Work closely with house managers to coordinate special events, social outings and programming both within the residences and in the community.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for residential programs; oversee record keeping and reporting to ensure compliance with all regulatory
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA (required)/MA (desirable) in social services, special education or similar.
- 5+ years working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; strong understanding of the challenges faced by this population and their families.
- Residential experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience including managing and developing staff. Supportive management style that builds confidence in others and demands accountability.
- Exceptional verbal and oral communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and communicate a compelling vision and inspire motivated teams.
- High energy and strong drive to achieve goals; ability to pursue opportunities and quickly resolve challenges.
- A work style that is respectful, honest and transparent; ability to take ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes; undeterred by change, delays, or unexpected events; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation and inspire others to be adaptable to change.
- Ability to create and maintain an appropriate and effective work environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and salary expectations to:
Laura Ford, Giving Tree Associates