Serving the Kansas City, Missouri Region
TNC Community is a medium-sized, nonprofit agency providing residential services to individuals with developmental disabilities. The agency has a reputation as one of the top providers of quality service in the Kansas City region for individuals with complex needs, including significant cognitive impairment along with multiple health and mobility challenges.
The agency is looking for a successor for its highly respected, long-tenured Executive Director, an individual who will bring new levels of excellence and impact to its mission.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of TNC Community. She or he is responsible for overseeing the administration and programs and for implementing the strategic plan of the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Works with the board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading TNC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the board, providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Oversight: Assures resources sufficient to safeguard the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of TNC; submits to the board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that operates within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Develops additional resources as necessary through growth and diversification, grant-seeking and fundraising to assure the quality and sustainability of TNC’s programs.
- Serves as the primary person to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, the board, donors, and all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the enhancement of TNC’s image and reputation by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Responsible for effective administration of TNC’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the securing, maintenance, and appropriateness of all facilities and other assets necessary for these operations.
- The personal capacity to relate to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred).
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience in the areas of budget development and analysis, planning, delegating, and program development.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations relevant to the nonprofit sector.
- Proven ability to interface and engage with diverse staff, donors, and community groups.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
Salary competitive with sector norms and highly attractive benefit package.
TNC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Bill Craig, The Moran Company. Applications will be accepted through May 20, 2019. APPLY NOW