Napa Valley Support Services is currently seeking an Associate Director who will be responsible for the day to day operations of Napa Valley Support Services (NVSS) including: Supervising NVSS management team and programs, and ensuring that all services are in accordance with NVSS Mission Statement, Person Centered Planning, DOL regulations, state licensing and other appropriate accreditation agencies.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) and in the absence of the ED, assumes those responsibilities.
Essential functions of the position:
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of agency programs.
- Assist in the identification and development of new programs.
- Coordinate and chair meetings necessary for agency development, Person Centered Planning, and adherence to Local, State and Federal laws and CARF accreditation.
- Organize, develop, and assist in periodic program evaluation for individuals served and case/record reviews and programs.
- Perform the duties of the Corporate Compliance Officer.
- Coordinate Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate and ensure adherence to CARF accreditation standards.
Training and Staff Responsibilities:
- Interview, hire, counsel, and discharge Program Directors with the approval of the Executive Director.
- Orient, train, evaluate, and supervise agency program management staff.
- Coordinate necessary meetings with management team to facilitate an efficient, effective running agency.
- Ensure availability of staff training.
- Develop job descriptions for program positions with the approval of the Executive Director
- Evaluate and/or and support consultants that provide program consultation, including:Art, Behavioral consultants and Occupational Therapist.
- Attend training for professional development.
Vocational and Community:
- Assist Human Resources with the adherence to Department of Labor standards and other appropriate accreditation agencies.
- Job development and procurement.
- Oversee the development, negotiations, and implementation of contractual agreements with all employers ensuring cost effectiveness of service contracts.
- Assist in the organization and supervise the development and maintenance of all program records in accordance with state licensing, CARF and Department of Labor.
- Public relations, including presentations to public and private agencies for the benefit of the agency.
Preferred Bachelor Degree in one the following majors:
- Education of Students with disabilities or special education
- Physical education with emphasis in adaptive physical education
- Communicative disorders
- Computer based education
- Other computer related course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities
- Other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities.
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Associates Degree in any of the categories in the Bachelor majors listed above with 4 years experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities
Minimum of five years in a management position supervising programs that provide services to individuals with developmental and other disabilities. Prefer experience working in Employment and Day Program Services.
96 hours PTO, 3 sick days, $400 monthly healthcare benefits, 12 paid holidays, 401(k) with a 5% contribution (even if you choose not to participate) and more!
For consideration, please forward a comprehensive cover letter and resume with your salary requirements to Jobs@napavalleysupportservices.org - Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Napa Valley Support Services supports quality of life for individuals with disabilities through a person-centered approach to self-discovery, community-engagement, employment, and education. Fostering our mission is of major importance! Visit our website at www.napavalleysupportservices.org or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NapaValleySupportServices to find out more about our great organization