Join BAMSI’s growing workforce delivering compassionate care!
The Senior Regional Director at BAMSI directs and ensures comprehensive, effective and well-integrated delivery of services within the Adult Services division; managing a budget of $24 Million and with oversight for a workforce of 500 employees and 36-48 programs in our Adult Services division. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with agency programs, senior management, funders, regulatory authorities, government officials and others as need to assure organizational compliance, quality services and standards consistent with BAMSI's mission, vision and values. Direct reports include Directors of Operations who oversee 38 network programs. In this position the Sr. Regional Director acts as the primary negotiator with multiple funding agents, approving major purchases and renovations to determine if there is sufficient funding, and monitors and is accountable for profit/loss on an annual basis. The position directs a large service delivery system throughout the state, comprised of developmental disability, brain injury, and mental health programs.
BAMSI is a 1900+ employee health and human services organization with locations across Eastern Massachusetts. We offer generous paid time off (up to 6 weeks combined Vacation, Sick and Personal time off paid), paid holidays, paid trainings in a supportive environment that offers growth opportunities! Health, Dental, Short Term, Long Term and Vision Insurance is also available.
To meet the qualifications of this role, candidates must have a master's degree in human services or a related field and at least 10 years management/administrative experience in progressively responsible positions within human services, at least 5 of which are in advanced/senior position. Must have experience in budget development, diverse funding and regulatory requirements, and oversight of multiple programs/services. A valid driver's license in state of residence and own means of transportation are required.
*This position is responsible for covering designated region which may include locations throughout Greater Attleboro, Greater Worcester, Metrowest, and the South Shore.
Supervision Provided: Supervises Directors of Operations, each of whom oversee a large network of programs; the Senior Regional Director is responsible for 36-48 programs.
General Statement of Duties:
- Directs and ensures comprehensive, effective and wellintegrated delivery of services within the Adult Services division.
- Works collaboratively with agency departments, senior management, funders, regulatory authorities, government officials and others as needed to assure organizational compliance, quality services and standards consistent with BAMSI's mission, vision and values.
- The Senior Regional Director oversees and manages a significant annual budget, acts as the primary negotiator with multiple funding agents, approves major purchases and renovations to determine if there is sufficient funding, and monitors and is accountable for profit/loss on an annual basis.
- The position directs a large service delivery system throughout the state, comprised of developmental disability, brain injury, and mental health programs.
Personnel & Human Resources:
- Supervises, evaluates and develops subordinate Directors of Operations in accordance with agency policies, standards and practices.
- Assures an effective supervisory structure and compliance with organizational policies, contracts, sub-contracts, leases and other administrative requirements.
- Works with Human Resources to assure fair hiring and employment practices and positive employee relations.
- Reviews and approves, in coordination with Human Resources, recommendations for personnel actions, including succession planning, promotions, disciplines, and performance improvement plans.
- Works in collaboration with Professional Development and Training to develop a comprehensive and contemporary training program for employees of assigned programs and assures staff participation.
- Participates in the development of agency policies, procedures and protocols, and assures information is disseminated throughout service network. In conjunction with the Vice President, Quality Management and Human Resources, develop and/or review divisional and program specific policies, procedures and systems.
- Coordinates and oversees service delivery and development for all assigned programs, in accordance with the agency's Strategic Plan.
- Develops, establishes and sustains an effective communication system at all levels of the organization, assuring that agency information flows to and from the administration and programs accurately in a timely manner.
- Develops, oversees and monitors contracts, budgets and overall fiscal performance of programs to assure sound business practices and efficient utilization of agency resources.
- Works with a senior management team to assure a comprehensive and well-coordinated effort to respond to proposals, and to submit contracts, amendments, budgets and other fiscal reports, as required, in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all agency programs and departments in order to operate a seamless system of internal collaboration and cooperation between agency programs and departments. Has a working knowledge of all regulations pertaining to each funding source and each program type.
- Works cooperatively and in conjunction with agency central systems to achieve effective and consistent utilization throughout the organization, i.e. Quality Management, Marketing and Community Relations, Human Resources, Facilities Department, and others as assigned.
- Monitor overtime and identify strategies to reduce expenses. Also, work with BAMSI's business office and other departments to create new and expand existing revenue opportunities.
- Assures compliance with licensing and accreditation standards, as well as local, state and federal regulations and requirements. Monitors the quality assurance process for assigned programs.
- Oversees the development of new programs, in conjunction with the Vice President, including generating the budget, responding to RFRs, designing the program, securing the property and overseeing the implementation of the program design.
- Interfaces with community and agency affiliates, local representatives and officials, as necessary, to promote a positive image of BAMSI throughout the community.
- Reviews memorandums of understanding, affiliation agreements, letters of support, sub contracts and other documents that commit agency resources and makes recommendations for approval.
- Provide coordination with clinical team. Work with business department to bill approved clinical services. Collaborate with Whitman Counseling to complete collateral consults during intake and transitioning processes.
- Performs duties consistent with agency policies and procedures.
- Master's degree in human services or related field required.
- At least ten years management/administrative experience in progressively responsible positions within human services, at least five of which are in an advanced/senior position.
- Experience in budget development, diverse funding and regulatory requirements, and oversight of multiple programs/services.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks responsibly, with thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in sound business/legal practices.
- Valid driver's license in state of residence and own means of transportation.
To apply, please visit:https://re31.ultipro.com/BRO1011/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*A6CB1454A08926C8