Are you a passionate Social Worker or Therapist looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your dedication and passion of working with children, specifically those who have unique needs? If you want to help shape the futures of children who struggle with succeeding in school or maintaining successful relationships, The Children's Center Developmental Disabilities Services (DDS) is the program for you!
The Developmental Disabilities Services program is designed to meet the unique needs of children who have been diagnosed with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. We are seeking clinically trained Social Workers and Therapists to work in our outpatient office, located in the vibrant Midtown Detroit. You will work steps away from the new Q-Line that can transport you from Midtown to Downtown Detroit, in just minutes!
The Developmental Disability Services program provides opportunities for Social Workers and Therapists to work within a team of their peers to ensure the highest quality services while meeting the needs of our families. In this role you would receive ongoing training in the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis and other evidence-based strategies, which in turn allows the Social Worker or Therapist to implement the most appropriate interventions with their clients. In addition to ongoing training, this position will allow for the opportunity to grow and develop skills not only in individual and family therapy practice, but also developing skills in facilitating group therapy, during our ongoing social skill group sessions.
Does this sound like the position for you?!
This position will be responsible for some of the following:
- Using a Family Centered Planning model, coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referrals and additional of services with outside providers.
- Maintain all paperwork, clinical records, reports, case notes, and all other client documentation in the appropriate electronic record systems, meeting all agency, contractual or billing requirements and deadlines.
- Provide a variety of services to assigned caseload, such as individual, family, group therapy, case consultation, advocacy, crisis intervention, referral for short-term and long-term hospitalization, etc. with a focus on ABA specific skills for interventions.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- A Masters level degree and corresponding professional licensure
- A minimum of 1 year prior experience working with children or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a program that diagnoses, evaluates and treats minors and their families in a community based setting as needed.
- Prior experience providing and managing mental and behavioral health services and Evidenced Based Practices preferred.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
While you are taking care of our clients, we want to take care of you!
TCC offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Medical & prescription coverage with a minimal employee contribution
- 100% employer paid dental & vision coverage for all full time staff members & eligible dependents
- Employee life insurance & optional dependent life Insurance
- Accident & critical illness insurance
- 403(b) thrift plan with employer match after 1 year; fully vested after 2 years
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education & full licensure stipend
- Longevity pay after 3 years
- 160 hours of paid time off your 1st year, 200 hours your 2nd year, up to 280 hours
- 10 paid holidays
- Approved site for the National Health Services Corps
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Click here to apply